Thursday 17 January 2019

New Family Updates

Goodness, it has been a while since I last posted!  Many Sylvanian things have been happening around here, mostly pertaining to moving the new families we got for Christmas in to their new homes.
I have now updated my Meet The Families page to include the Prickles and Outback families - they  look forward to meeting you!
I still need to add the Thistlethorns and Dorothy Patches, plus I have also bought another family that I found on Gumtree - the Chocolate Dalmations!
I wasn't really looking to own this family, but Caitlyn wanted to buy some second hand furniture with some of her Christmas money, and when we got to the Gumtree seller's house, she also had these figures in excellent condition.  They were so cute I just had to give them a new home!  The brother figure is not in his original clothes, and the father has a different shirt, but I don't mind (in fact I rather like this shirt on the dad - I think it suits him!)  They do not yet appear on my Meet The Families page, as they have not moved in properly yet, and I haven't yet worked out their personalities.

I have so many posts I want to write - stories about the Thistlethorns, Prickles and Outbacks, tours of the Prickles' and Thistlethorns' houses, and several craft projects - aaargh!  What to do first?!  Oh yeah, that's right - probably my housework.  Sigh...

8 comments:

  1. Hi GreyRabbit!

    Looking forward to reading your new biographies! I also need to update mine on my blog for the hedgehogs and the alpacas!
    I love your new family, they're adorable!
    I completely understand you regarding all the Sylvanian projects, haha! I have a small collection and yet so many things to do and pictures to take!
    Looking forward to whatever you get to do first (nooo, not the housework! hehehe). :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayrell - I know, so many projects, so little time! I have been busy building houses for some of Caitlyn's critters too. Anyway, the hedgies and koalas have biographies now, and I hope to do the Thistlethorns' tomorrow! I look forward to reading about your hedgehogs too - I wonder if they will be at all similar to mine, or completely different? (I love how everyone puts their own ideas into their families' personalities!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi GreyRabbit!
    Congratulations on the Chocolate Dalmations! They are so sweet! I really like the sister’s dress, it’s cute with the little pink bow!
    I just read your new family biographies. The Prickle’s are adorable, they seem like such a loving family! And the poor Thistlethorns, having lived through that traumatic fire! I’m so glad that they have settled down to live a happy life in Macadamia Grove!
    I too, have a lot of ideas for stories and posts for my blog, but somehow I never seem to be able to get round to doing them...
    I’m loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelsie! I know, real life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it? :)
    The Thistlethorns are settling in nicely to Macadamia Grove, and are loving their new house (I will have to post a tour of it one of these days!). Francis and Willow were very glad to hear of the arrival of the Outbacks too, as it means they won't have to travel to Town for doctors' appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi GreyRabbit!
    You did well in getting the Chocolate Dalmations. It´s a lovely family!I agree with you about the father´s shirt. It really suits him even if it´s not the original one.
    I have just read your bios for your new families and I loved them. I should update my "Meet the families" page on my blog as I have lots of new families to add but I never find the time to do it.Besides, I´m running out of ideas for their personalities and jobs.
    My Thistlethorn family also had to go through the traumatic experience of a fire. What a coincidence!
    Looking forward to the tour around the Thistlethorn´s home!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, what a coincidence indeed, Cutata! And it IS a coincidence - I don't recall reading about your Thistlethorns' fire - have you written about it? If so, I promise I wasn't copying! I just thought it seemed the best explanation for both of my Thistlethorn children's injuries (especially Priscilla's, as her patch of missing flocking really does look a bit like a burn scar where the fur will not grow back!)
    Thanks for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi GreyRabbit! I wrote the Thistlethorn´s bio ages ago but I haven´t posted it yet. As I told you I never find the right time to update the Meet The Families page. I wish I had more time for my Sylvanians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know - don't we all wish we had more time! :o) Can't wait to read yours when you finally have a chance to post it - I hope your Thistlethorns are recovering from their fire as well as mine are! xx

      Delete