Saturday 2 February 2019

Sylvanian Baking

Just a quick one tonight - my daughter had her birthday earlier this week, and I thought you might like to see pictures of some of the sweet treats I made for the party.

For her birthday cake, Caitlyn requested a scale model of Rose Cottage, complete with the rabbits who live there in Macadamia Grove:  Rose, Cabbage and Lettuce Babblebrook (these are the names we have given her Babblebrook rabbit grandparent and baby figures - they were originally mine back in the eighties!).  Here is what I came up with:-


I am pretty happy with this, apart from the way the house is sagging at the front.  That was unfortunately due to the weather on the day I iced the cake (it was about 40 degrees Celsius here) - the chocolate ganache was melting under the icing!  Sigh...

Here is a closeup of some of the figures - Odette Hazelnut is arriving for Lettuce's birthday party, and has brought her a pink balloon!


I also made some decorated sugar cookies:


Caitlyn had a lovely birthday, and was very spoilt by all our family and friends, who brought her wonderful presents (some Sylvanian, some not, but all much appreciated!)  From us, she received the Sylvanian Families Grand Department Store gift set, which is super cute and full of the tiniest accessories!

Hope you are having a good weekend - I am trying to catch up on some much needed sleep, before Caitlyn starts the new school year on Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Hi GreyRabbit!
    I´ve already left a comment on the SF forum first thing in the morning. I like getting up early at the weekend while my kids are stil in bed and I was speechless when I saw your lovely cake and cookies.The attention to detail is amazing.Odette looks so cute wih her pink balloon and the baby poking his head through the window looks adorable too. I love those little flowers in the front garden. It must have taken you a long time and planning to make it.
    The cookies are the cutest I´ve ever seen. I´ve just noticed you also made acorn shaped cookies.
    I can´t stop looking at those cute sylvanian faces.Too cute to eat but I´m sure very tasty at the same time!

    Caitlyn is very lucky to have such a wonderful mum!

    Relax and get some extra sleep this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cutata! It did take a long time, especially as the fondant was so hard to work with in the heat, but it was worth it. I ran out of time, so a few planned details had to be abandoned (there was supposed to be a mole daughter walking with Odette, and the window was going to be more detailed), but I was happy with it in the end, even though I was stressing on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness GreyRabbit! You are so talented! The cake looks fantastic! The figures and the flowers on the bushes are really cute! All of it is! And those cookies look amazing, they are so adorable!
    Whew, 40 degrees is really hot! I’m glad it doesn’t get that hot here in New Zealand!
    I’m glad your daughter had a nice birthday. I too, need to grab a good sleep before I go back to high school tomorrow! Good luck to Caitlyn for the new school year, and you too! Well done again on that lovely baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsie! I actually like the heat, but it is a nuisance when decorating cakes. Good luck for your new year of school.

      Delete
  4. Hi GreyRabbit!

    Happy belated birthday to Caitlyn! :)

    Oh my, I'm amazed at your wonderful and absolutely stunning cake! You're such a talented baker! It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure Caitlyn loved it. Sounds really tasty too!
    Love all the details and characters. And the cookies look amazing too!

    The Grand Department Store! What an amazing gift, Caitlyn must be so happy! I hope she posts a review! :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayrell for your lovely comments.
      The Grand Department Store is so pretty and so detailed! Hmm... not sure if Caitlyn is a "review" sort of person, but she tells me she might post a story about the Grand Opening of the Store soon. xx

      Delete
  5. Hi, GreyRabbit.

    Although this post is from a long time ago, I just needed to comment! You are so talented! The cake and cookies are too cute to eat! I can imagine how happy Caitlyn was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Humjibang! Thanks for your lovely comment - but I must correct you on one point: NO cake is EVER too cute to eat!! :D

      Delete