Thursday 25 April 2019

Dog Family Update

I have finally updated my Meet The Families page to include my chocolate dalmation family!


Those of you familiar with this family will know that "Patches" is not their official name.  In fact I have done something here that I usually try to avoid:  giving characters names that "officially" belong to a different Sylvanian character.  I decided to do this as I really wanted to make the father of this family into Dorothy Patches' brother.  They have such a similar shape, and both have patchy markings, so it just made sense to me (besides, this also gives Dorothy a reason to visit Macadamia Grove occasionally!).  I like to think that they have another sister (the one Dorothy spent Christmas with), who has grey AND brown markings.  :o)

The Patches family are new arrivals to Macadamia Grove, and Mr Patches has just been appointed the village postman.  He is very pleased, and I hear that Mr Babblebrook is also pleased that the village now boasts another community service!

Sarah will be attending Bottlebrush Academy as a day student, and Zac will be attending Macadamia Grove Primary School.

If you want to read more about the family (or any of my other Sylvanians), click here.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsie!

    What a lovely family, I love their friendly faces and the soft colouring of their markings. I think the name Patches fits them quite well. I completely agree with Sarah regarding historical innacuracy in novels, haha! Great idea to give Ben the job of postman! :D I'm still looking for the perfect Sylvanian for that in Arcfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee - thanks Ayrell, but I'm GreyRabbit - Kelsie lives over at Bluebell Oaks! (I know, sometimes it's hard to keep everyone's village names straight, isn't it, especially when you are catching up on lots of blogs one after another!) :o)
    Once I had the idea of a dog being the postman, I couldn't resist - luckily Ben was very keen on the idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! So sorry, GreyRabbit! I had a feeling after sending the message that I had written the wrong name, ack! My apologies!

    Oh, you're right about it being perfect for a dog to be the postman! Great idea! I'm sure Ben and his family will be happy in Macadamia Grove. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, they are such a sweet family GreyRabbit! You were quite right to name them the Patches. It fits them perfectly! Congratulations to Mr Patches on becoming the village postman. You're right-he is the perfect man for the job!
    It sounds like the family has led very adventurous lives up till this point. I wonder what sort of places they travelled to and adventures they had...
    It was lovely to meet the Patches family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi GreyRabbit!
    I love this family. I have a soft spot for Sylvanian dalmations. I own the Kennelworths, the ones with the black markings. I find them very cute.
    The name "Patches" suits them perfectly and the idea of making Ben into Dorothy´s brother is fantastic. It´s good news to know Macadamia has a postman. Ben must be very happy with his new job .
    I enjoyed reading the bios you wrote for your families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kelsie and Cutata!
    Cutata I had no intention of owning this family originally, but when I found them and they just have the loveliest friendliest faces, I couldn't resist! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi GreyRabbit. They are indeed a cute family. So far my collection of dogs is under control, but I can see the attraction! Mind you, it wasn't that long ago when I had no intention of buying any Hazelwood mice or Hamilton hamsters, and we know how that turned out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - yes indeed! They're like that, aren't they?

      Delete