Monday 27 December 2021

Quick Photo Challenge: Cosy

This month's prompt for the Quick Photo Challenge on the Sylvanian Families forum is "Cosy".

Now, I do understand that in many parts of the world it is pretty cold right now, and the idea of curling up by the fire with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate probably sounds pretty good.

But.

Today where I live, the temperature hit 44 degrees Celsius.  So, yeah... I'm afraid that in the last couple of weeks, "cosy" wasn't a word that was inspiring me too much.

But then I remembered that a relative of mine had recently shown me something she bought at a market.  It was a teapot cosy, and I realised it was perfect for a silly, left-of-centre take on this theme.  All I needed was a mouse...

So here is my photo for the "Cosy" theme:

I hope it gives you a bit of a giggle.  :)

And I never quite got around to posting a Christmas post this year (bad blogger!), so I will also take the opportunity here to say that I hope you and your families had a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. What a jolly tea cosy! I confess that my mind was working like yours for this photo challenge, but I have no idea where (or if) any tea cosies are in my house. We did have a pink one years ago... Anyway great idea and implementation. I love the "what IS that" reaction of young Spencer Maces! I hope that big owl isn't hungry. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackson. Actually tea cosies aren't really my thing (I LOVE teapots, but I prefer them naked, lol), so it was really very lucky that my relative had recently bought this one, particularly as it is owl-shaped! :)

      Delete
  2. Dear GreyRabbit,

    The tea cozy is certainly a witty and delightful way to look at this photo challenge. The way the owl seems to gaze watchfully over at the mouseling is quite perfect! Wonderful job and an original one, too!

    Happy New Year,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete