Monday 28 December 2020

GreyRabbit's Christmas Presents

Hello to all our Sylvanian friends!  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

I was very happy to find some Sylvanians in my presents this year - it's quite a modest collection compared with last year's Sylvanian-fest, but that's because I received lovely non-Sylvanian gifts this year, too (thank you, family!)


I was especially excited to see the Border Collie family!  They are one of the families released for Sylvanian Families' 35th anniversary year, and they are very lovely.  They have very friendly faces.  I hope to introduce them to you properly soon (complete with names etc).

Also my Grunt pig family is waiting impatiently to receive this Fruit Wagon - they will now be able to sell some of the produce they grow straight from the farm.

Rounding things off is some bathroom gear which will come in very handy, and the makings of a takeaway pizza shop which will be based in Town (I wouldn't like to step on Caitlyn's Fielding family's toes by opening another pizza place in Macadamia Grove!).  Not sure who will run the new pizza shop yet;  I shall have to think about it.



Finally, one last special present:  a gorgeous little Christmas dress, made for me by Caitlyn Hazelnut!  Here it is being modelled by Isla Slydale:











She is going to get to keep it, too (much to Priscilla Thistlethorn's disappointment.  Priscilla needs to learn though that not all new dresses are automatically for her!)  













I hope everyone was able to have a lovely Christmas (even though it may have looked a bit different than usual for some people).  I'd love to hear about any Sylvanian gifts you may have received!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Grey Rabbit!
    Congrats on those lovely gifts you got!
    I love the Border Collies! This is one the famlies released for the 35th anniversary that I´d love to add to my collection.
    The fruit wagon is a really cute set.The Grunts must be delighted to have a place to sell their produce.
    A take away pizza business in Town is a great idea. As for the bathroom set, as you say, it always comes very handy.The only problem is that there´s no much space is small cottages to fit a proper bathroom. Probably, you have a bigger house in mind to set it up.

    Looking forward to seeing these sets in your coming posts! Enjoy them!

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again!
    It seems you have updated this post to show the lovely dress Caitlyn made. Thanks for sharing! She did a wonderful job!Isla looks looks very cute and festive! Hope Priscilla doesn´t get upset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cutata! I think she did a great job too. :)
      Priscilla isn't that selfish really - it's just that she has so many pretty dresses that it has become a standing joke around here.

      Delete
  3. I loved the Christmas dress you made for Misty and showed us on the forum. Caitlyn's dress is another lovely festive creation. It looks so fresh and ideal for a summer Christmas. Beautiful work.

    Congratulations on your gifts,too. I'll be interested to see who you eventually get to run your pizza business. You've reminded me that I need to return to the pizza shop I started to make from a conversion of the Hamburger shop. Just another project awaiting attention!

    All the best for a happy and safe 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi GreyRabbit,

    What wonderful presents you received! Huge congratulations!
    I'm told the Border Collies are waiting for me as well at my parents' home. I look forward to being able to see them again soon (COVID restrictions... you know) and picking the family up!
    The fruit cart is a very useful and lovely set, I'm sure the Grunts are delighted! Same for the bathroom, and the pizza parlor set is one of my favourites. I also recently managed to acquire one after quite some time of wanting it. :)

    Isla looks so happy in her beautiful new dress Caitlyn made! I love the fabric, the colours and the stars!

    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayrell for your lovely comments. I hope you get to pick your Border Collies up soon!

      Delete