Saturday 24 December 2022

Applewood's Christmas Window

On a night out in Town to see friends for Christmas, the Honeycrackle family passed by Applewood Department Store.  The children couldn't help stopping to look at the exciting window display!


Maisie wanted to look at the dolls in the window, but then her eye was caught by a very fine elephant in a top hat, further back on one of the shelves...

Meanwhile, little Jason was feeling quite overwhelmed - there were so many wonderful toys, he just wasn't sure what he liked best!


After dinner at the Delicious Restaurant, the Honeycrackles passed Applewood's again on their way home.  The children ran straight back to the window to gaze once more at the brightly lit display.


Their mother laughed, and called "Come on children, time to go home to bed.  Who knows what the Northern Mouse will bring you on Christmas morning?"

7 comments:

  1. That's so cute - seeing the children entranced by the window display. I wonder what the Northern Mouse brought for them - I can imagine their happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable pictures! The children do seem awed by the lovely, colourful display. It's even more beautiful at night time! Love those tiny Sylvanian figures, might need to look for them myself! I also wonder what Maisie and Jason got from the Northern Mouse in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jackson and Ayrell! I understand that Maisie did get her top-hatted elephant in the end. Jason received a set of cymbals, which he is thrilled with. They also each got a lollipop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi GreyRabbit!
    What a cute story and wonderful pictures! I love the window display with the Christmas trees and the little toys. The effect of the light at night time looks great!
    Hope you and your family had a lovely time at Christmas!
    Wishing you the best for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cutata for your sweet comments! "The effect of the light at night time" involved my husband standing next to me holding a torch! :) I was happy with how it turned out - I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! This makes me feel like a little kid again...
    (Also what wonderful Christmas trees! Are they handmade?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsie! Yes, I made the trees out of paper clay. I got the technique from this site: https://www.attachmentmummy.com/2014/12/how-to-make-christmas-tree-topper-with.html It is a tutorial for making the trees out of cake fondant, but it works the same way with paper clay (they're just less edible!).

      Delete