Tuesday 9 January 2024

Happy New Year 2024!

Hello all, and Happy New Year!

As you can probably tell, last year was a busy year for our family, and therefore not one in which I had much time for my Sylvanians, I'm afraid.  They have definitely not been forgotten though!  I have lots of new critters to introduce to you, and so many ideas and projects I want to do with them!

To start with, I'd like to show you some of my Christmas presents (just the Sylvanian ones!)  I was lucky enough to be given several new families:


(The penguins simply could not wait to get out of their box!)

I am so pleased to be welcoming all these new critters, but must give a special mention (VERY excitedly) to the delightful mole family, which was sent to me by my lovely forum friend Terra!

More details will come about these new additions, but I also want to share with you my very first Sylvanian project of the year - just a little one, but definitely a step in the right direction:


Meet Lolly Chocolate!  She is the youngest child of a family of Chocolate rabbits who live in our seaside area, Starlight Cape.  Soon I will update our Meet The Families page with their names and pictures, but first I had to make Lolly a dress (couldn't have her being mistaken for Freya Chocolat, now could we?)  lol

Here is the back:


I wanted a nice bright Summery feel for Lolly's dress, as not only does she live at the beach, but she is a bright, bouncy sort of bunny, who definitely needed colourful clothes.  I am quite pleased with the result.

So from everyone in Macadamia Grove, Starlight Cape, Town and beyond, as well as from Caitlyn Hazelnut and myself, welcome to 2024 - a much more Sylvanian year!

12 comments:

  1. Hi GreyRabbit!

    Happy New Year! :)
    Huge congratulations on your presents! I love all of those families. Those penguins are just adorable.
    I love Lolly's dress! So sunny and colourful, it fits her personality perfectly.
    Let's hope for a year in which we both do more with our Sylvanians!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! I have so many projects I want to work on! :)
      Thank you for all your lovely comments.

      Delete
  2. Hello GreyRabbit and a Happy New Year! 😊

    It's a lovely Christmas haul. Those goats are sweet aren't they? As are the penguins - they seem much more Sylvanian than the DeBurg family. I wonder how you'll incorporate them in your projects; I bought them too and - like so many others - I haven't solidified their purpose in my village as yet. There is a feel that it shouldn't be mundane, that they need something to highlight their strengths, but that's combating the desire to include them as soon as possible!

    All the very best for this new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I like these penguins much better than the DeBurgs. My penguins are going to live in Starlight Cape, to be close to the ocean. I'm not overthinking this one - I'm just going to lean in to the set they came with and have them sell gelato at the beach. :)
      I have chosen some names for them that I'm rather pleased with though... ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh! I forgot to congratulate you on Lolly Chocolate's clothes! You do create some wonderful outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you make those beautiful outfits... Is the continuation of the Jane Austen Sylvanian project on your list for this year? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! YES, I definitely want to continue with Sylvanian Pride and Prejudice this year! Hopefully I will be able to get at least a little chapter done in February.... (?) **crossed fingers!**

      Delete
    2. Yay - I loved the first instalment!

      Delete
  5. Happy (belated) New Year, GreyRabbit! These are all lovely - congratulations! They are all gorgeous families and I look forward to seeing how they fit into Macadamia Grove and the places beyond!
    And exceptional work on Lolly's outfit. I think it's wonderful that you have set her apart from the standard Freya Chocolates. Already she has lots of personality and originality.
    Hope you've had a great 2024 so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi GreyRabbit!

    Congrats on your lovely additions!

    The penguins and the reindeer family are on my wish list. I never got to like the DeBurg family, except for the babies which were really cute. I like this new family much more and it´s nice that they already come with their own business.

    I love the cute dress you made for Lolly Chocolate. It´s so colourful and summery! It´s perfect to wear on the seaside area where she lives.

    Looking forward to seeing more pictures of these families on your next posts!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kelsie and Cutata for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete