Tuesday 31 December 2019

Christmas Presents!... and Changes...

Hello all - GreyRabbit here!  As 2019 comes to an end, there are a couple of things I would like to say...

Firstly, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
As far as presents are concerned, I was very spoiled this year - and my family certainly enthusiastically embraced the idea of buying me toys for Christmas!  Would you like to see what I got?


I am very excited to have received a Field View Mill - it is such a pretty building!  Also a Log Cabin, and not one but TWO Cedar Terraces!  This is fantastic as now all my Sylvanians have somewhere to live - even the new ones!
Speaking of which, I also received the Periwinkle rabbit family and Spotter meerkat family - both second hand, but in lovely condition - as well as a lovely selection of furniture.  Here is a more detailed picture of the smaller items:


The dress on the right was made by my lovely daughter Caitlyn, and is intended for Joy Woolly.  Here she is modelling it:













Joy is very pleased with her new dress!










But wait - there's more!  My husband also had an extra special present for Caitlyn and myself to share - a beautiful House on the Hill!  This is our favourite house, and we never thought we would get it.  It's retired now, and due to its size, the shipping cost on second hand ones usually puts them well out of our price range...


The cute cushion in this picture is from my mum (it is a shared present too), and the table they are both sitting on is another of my presents from Caitlyn and Husband - it will form a new part of Macadamia Grove.

The second thing I wanted to mention is that a bit of a change has occurred here at Sylvanian Sunshine - you may have already noticed.  My daughter, known as Caitlyn Hazelnut here and on the SF Forum, has decided not to continue her own separate blog, but to share mine instead.  This makes sense, as all our critters share the same neighbourhoods, so it seems sensible to keep all their stories together too!  So a big "Welcome!" to Caitlyn as a new author on OUR blog!  :o)

Speaking of which...

Hi, I'm Caitlyn Hazelnut, GreyRabbit's daughter. I am excited to become part of Sylvanian Sunshine, and would like to share with you the Christmas presents that I got this year:


This year I received the Fielding mouse and Cottontail rabbit families, the Baby Tree House, two baby blind bags (baby band series), a second-hand Li'l Woodzeez bakery and quite a lot of furniture. I also received the Farthing dogs and and lovely Mcburrows mole (second-hand). 
I feel very lucky to have gotten so many lovely Sylvanians this year!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations, GreyRabbit, Caitlyn and family! You got so many wonderful gifts this Christmas! I bet you both will come up with lots of new stories with these new items and have lots of fun with all of your new Sylvanians!

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas... and, even better--the New Year is tomorrow :)
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO GreyRabbit and Caitlyn Hazelnut! HAPPY NEW YEAR! :O)


    Congratulations on receiving so many wonderful and generous additions to Macadamia Grove!

    In my opinion Caitlyn did the most wonderful job with the dress for Joy Woolly. It is very, very beautiful. I love the colours and the pattern! And Joy looks very pleased with it indeed. :D

    GreyRabbit, you are so lucky to have received TWO Cedar Terraces! :) And the Field View Mill is so beautiful.

    Have fun playing with all your new sets and giving all the citizens of Macadamia Grove a new home. :)

    And Caitlyn, I would love to see your figures enjoying the Li'l Woodzeez bakery. :)

    Have a great start of 2020.


    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a haul! Macadamia Grove is becoming a growing community indeed!

    A big welcome to Caitlyn to SylvanianSunshine. I always marvel at the clothes you make so I'm looking forward to seeing more! The dress you made for Joy Woolly is lovely, by the way. I will continue to pop into your previous blog from time to time, as your stories are worth re-reading, but the potential collaborations between you and your mum will be something special, I'm sure.

    GreyRabbit - with the your new Periwinkles and Spotters, and Caitlyn's Fieldings and other critters coming to Macadamia Grove, I'm eagerly awaiting the biography updates!

    I hope you and your family have a lovely 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emilie, Nina and Jackson for your lovely comments! (And yes, Jackson - we must get onto those biography updates...!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi GreyRabbit and Caitlyn!

    Wow! You got such amazing and wonderful Christmas gifts, so lucky! :) Huge congratulations on everything, I'm absolutely jealous, hehehe!
    The dress Caitlyn made for Joy is so pretty, I adore it! She did an amazing job!
    The Field View Mill is absolutely gorgeous, and the House on the Hill is definitely one of my most coveted buildings, though I lack the space for it... Maybe one day!
    And a new table to expand the village, amazing! Such a great idea! Macadamia Grove sure is growing! :D All your new families are very cute indeed! Lovely sets, too!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayrell - we do indeed feel lucky!
      Yes, we also lack space for large buildings like this one - we have been continually rearranging what used to be our craft room for the last couple of years... Thank goodness Husband and Caitlyn gave me the new table, otherwise I'm not sure what we would have done with the House on the Hill and the Field View Mill! :D
      I don't think any more tables will fit in there now - if we get any more buildings, they had better be little ones, I think... :D

      Delete
  6. Hi GreyRabbit and Caitlyn!
    Wow! Wow! You must have been very good to receive so many wonderful gifts!
    So many lovely sets, families and buildings such as the Field View Mill and the House on the Hill!
    I love the cushion too and last but not least the sweet dress Caitlyn made for Joy.
    I´m looking forward to seeing some of your new additions in your future stories!
    Enjoy your presents!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete