Tuesday 31 December 2019

Forum Christmas Cheer Exchange - Part Three

You may recall that I took part in the Sylvanian Families Forum Christmas Cheer Exchange this year, and received lovely presents from Fox in the UK!  I also showed a picture of the gift (still wrapped) that Caitlyn and I sent to my swap partner Terra in the USA.  Some people have expressed a wish to see what was inside...

Those of you who are members of the Sylvanian Families Forum will have already seen them, as Terra showed photos there.  For any readers who are not, I thought I would show you quickly here.


The kitten in the sleigh is a Christmas ornament for Terra's tree - I painted the wooden sleigh, and made the little sack and Santa costume.

The Macadamia Grove Village Committee sent the decorated Christmas tree (I bought the little sisal tree and glued the decorations on - they are mostly brads and beads).
The dress was made by Mrs Prickles (ie sewed by me), and the lovely warm scarf was made by Rose Babblebrook (ie made by Caitlyn) - I am very annoyed because I didn't get a photo of the scarf before it was wrapped!  Oh well...
The Cranberry Macadamia Nut Bread, the chocolate truffles and the macadamia nuts were all made by me from Sculpey (and supplied by various members of the village).
Caitlyn made the pavlova using Whipple, and I added the kiwifruit slices to it (these are fruit slices intended for nail art).
Caitlyn also made the fruit cake, using paper clay (I believe it came from Mrs Hazelnut, who is an excellent cook).

Taking part in this exchange was a lot of fun, and we hope it will become a new tradition each year!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely items. You are both clever crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful miniatures you made, GreyRabbit and Caitlyn! You're so talented! Loved the nail art kiwi pieces, hehe! The sledge is so well made! Wonderful! :D
    The tree looks so perfect, too! Amazing job!
    I love how all the items were "made" by a resident of the village. Such a cute idea!
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea, would love to join in next year :)

    ReplyDelete