Thursday 13 December 2018

December 11th - Gingerbread Day!

Today was a very busy day for Christopher Appleblossom.

Not only was the Watermill Bakery open for business as usual, with customers to serve, bread to bake, and delicious pastries to sell, but also it was gingerbread day!


He knows that the residents of Macadamia Grove are very partial to a gingerbread man (or star, or tree!) at this time of year, so today he made several batches!

The Hazelnut Dormouse family could hardly bear to leave the bakery now that they were here - it just smelled so good!

3 comments:

  1. Hi GreyRabbit! I´ve just found out about your blog and I love it. I´ve been catching up with your previous posts and I really enjoyed them. Your pictures are all lovely and the idea of the advent calendar is great. Today´s picture is lovely. Those ginger cookies must smell and taste delicious. I love the cookie cutters, they´re so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cutata, lovely to see you here!
    I know, aren't the cookie cutters precious? They are actually out of a pack of Christmas buttons (the buttons were in the same shapes as the cutters). When I saw them I just had to have them as they were so cute, but didn't really know what to do with them and they have been sitting in my sewing box for years. Then when we started really getting into Sylvanian Families again, I realised I had some perfect owners for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookie cutters are very cute indeed! I was about to ask you where did you get them when I left my previous comment. You did well keeping them in your sewing box. You have found a better place for them now.

    ReplyDelete